LotsOn is our monthly events listing sheet, distributed to all Derwenthorpe households, and some of our neighbours. We aim to bring it online for the moment, and look forward to the time we can go back to paper (because paper reaches the people other channels cannot reach).
Unfortunately, a lot of the events be suspended for the time being. But usually, there are lots of social activities organised. And you can still enjoy our beautiful green space and lakes. Keep your distance from others, though.
Our book clubs are all meeting in Zoom video conferencing groups. And we have a couple of weekly Zoom chats, open to everyone at Derwenthorpe. One is a continuation of our Friday Coffee Mornings, and then a similar Afternoon Tea meeting on Tuesdays. Please do join us.
- August-September LotsOn In LockdownClick the link to see the August-September LotsOn In Lockdown, which should be coming through your letterbox over the coming few days. There’s a lot more going on than we expected and space was tight in this issue. Hoping there’s something for you; if not please let us know in the comments below what you’d […]
- Equality, lockdown and building back betterDewenthorpe is proud to be hosting Kate Pickett and Richard Wilkinson, authors of The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone and The Inner Level: How More Equal Societies Reduce Stress, Restore Sanity and Improve Everyone’s Well-Being, in a talk entitled “Equality, lockdown and building back better”
- Chance MemoryDerwenthorpe Book Clubs present: Chance Memory: The Story of a York War Poet by Professor Sue Mendus In 1927, the author Ernest Raymond wrote of a poem called From Steyning to the Ring, ‘it is simple and perfect … unrivalled in our war literature’. The poem was (apparently) written in the trenches of the Western Front in 1916, and it […]
- NowtOn – April 2020Welcome to the first online only edition of LotsOn: NowtOn. Actually, there are things happening, so take a look.
- An afternoon coffee morningWe held our first virtual coffee morning yesterday. And we thought there was room for a second one, but it’s going to be an afternoon tea party. So, here it is: Topic: Tea PartyTime: Tuesday afternoons, 3.30pm Join Zoom Meeting Just click the link, or use these details: Meeting ID: 839 073 680Password: 008900
- Coffee morningAs we can’t meet in person on Fridays at the moment, there’ll be a virtual coffee morning on Fridays at 11am. Read more to find out how to join us.
- Everything is cancelled.Well, not quite, but you’ll understand that most group activities are suspended. We’ll be thinking about whether we can move some on-line, and we’re also thinking about other ways that we can support people through the Covid 19 crisis. Stay well.
- Developing the Derwenthorpe CommunityThree Wednesday evenings in October 2017 saw a series of talks and discussions organised by residents. These were supported by a small grant from the DRA community pot. The aims of these were to inform all residents of the vision and planning for Derwenthorpe, and then to discuss how we would like to shape how our community develops. All […]