DPAC, and DRA, can offer grants to residents and neighbours.

There are two funds. The larger Community Fund is managed by JRHT, and the smaller Community Pot is managed by DRA. The application forms are different, and should be sent to different people. Please be sure to use the right one!

The Community Fund.

Larger grants, managed by DPAC, administered by Joanne Lofthouse

DPAC looks after the “community fund”, which was offered by JRHT as part of the section 106 agreement. DPAC considers applications, and makes recommendations to JRHT, who make the final decision. It is envisaged that most grants will be between £100 and £5,000 but applications for larger amounts will be considered.

Normally applications will be considered that benefit residents in the area bounded by Outgang Lane, Osbaldwick Link Road, Hull Road, Melrosegate (taking in Rawdon Avenue and Harington Avenue), Fourth Avenue, Bad Bargain Lane. Applicants need not be based in that area.

Applications to support community activities in the area will be welcome. In particular JRHT would like to see applications for activities that help bring the community together.

Priority will be given to projects and activities that:

  • Promote community engagement and community cohesion,
  • Promote environmental awareness and concern,
  • Promote diversity and equality of opportunity, or
  • Protect and enhance the built and natural environment

The application form contains more information, including further requirements.

The Community Pot.

Smaller amounts, managed by the DRA, please send completed applications to the DRA treasurer.

DRA’s core team looks after the “community pot”. Funded from a community fund grant, the idea is that residents can access small grants and loans at shorter notice. We prefer to make loans, because there’s a smaller amount of money available. We can be flexible: for example if the grant is to fund an event that you don’t want to charge for, we might ask you to ask for donations that can be used to refill the pot. Applicants should usually be Derwenthorpe residents.

If you’re thinking of organising a community event, and need help towards the costs, you can apply to the DRA for a small grant from our community pot.  As this funding was obtained by a grant from DPAC (Derwenthorpe Partnership Advisory Committee), we are bound to conform to certain criteria, which are contained within the application form. The DRA ask that if you are given a grant, that you acknowledge our support on all your advertising, for example posters, fliers, this web site, and Facebook.

If your event is being held anywhere in the public spaces or the MUGA (multiple use games area ) then you must first obtain written permission from JRHT by applying to the Derwenthorpe Manager (by email is acceptable). You must also complete a risk assessment form at least four weeks in advance of your planned event or before the event is advertised, whichever is earlier. The original should be returned to the DRA and a copy to the Derwenthorpe Manager for consideration. The submission of the risk assessment form does not mean an automatic qualification for DRA public liability cover, nor permission from JRHT.  JRHT request that there is no advertising for any event until they have given permission, and the risk assessment endorsed by both JRHT and the DRA.

You can fill out and return these forms online by using “fill and sign” on the PDF tools menu. This also includes how to add your signature. Alternatively you can print them, complete them by hand, and return them as indicated on the form.  If you need any further help, please let the secretary know by using the contact form.