You can get your 2022 waste collection calendar from https://myaccount.york.gov.uk/bin-collections
Put your postcode in, then select your address. Be patient, it can take ten seconds to load your information, maybe more. You’ll see your next collection dates for household waste, recycling, and garden waste. Just under your address, you can see a link to view your waste and recycling calendar, in a printable format. Fits quite nicely in landscape A4, but you may not want it that large.
Changes to collections.
City of York Council has made some changes to waste collections in the last year or so. They were summarised on the Council’s web site: no longer available there, but archived at archive.org.
Briefly, they’re like this:
- no changes to collection frequency, due to pending legislation,
- extended season for green waste collections (so, more of them),
- you can now mix glass, cans and plastics (but not paper); so you only need two boxes, though you can use more if you need to.
What I recycle, and where?
- Regular kerbside collections
- Special collections
- Other recycling facilities in York
- We’re a 20 minute walk, or 10 minute cycle ride from Hazel Court Waste Recycling Centre. It’s about a 10 minute drive, too, though the queues can be very long!